Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Near me she Stands

Near me she Stands
- Diogo Fernandes (Raia)


I saw something as if twinkling very far,
Which was looking just like a moving star,
But as it looked coming towards me and reaching near,
It appeared that it was a lady, white spotlessly clear.

She was dressed in a white long sleeved gown,
Head garlanded with a very white flowery crown,
Hanging a white veil from head to feet down,
As if a queen, coming proudly from a town.

She had white gloves too on both her hands,
As white shoes on her feet with shinning ends;
Holding a nice bouquet near me she stands
All in white, towards me, she gently bends.

As her veil was floating, made he face to hide,
I couldn’t recognize though familiar was her stride,
But when she brushed the veil from her face aside,
Hey, happy to see! She was my lost wife dressed as a bride.

She spoke to me…, very sweetly for a while,
And gave her lovely hand to me with a broad smile,
And said, goodbye, and turned aside with agile,
And disappeared before I could reconcile.

When I came into my senses and regained my memory,
I felt that I was alone in my dormitory,
Resting on my bed after a day’s work very weary,
And recollected what was seen was a reverie.

No comments: