Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The One Who is only mine

The One Who is only mine
- Diogo Fernandes (Raia)


When I say, my father or mother:
They are mine too, says my brother;
Are they only yours? Says my sister;
Our parents, finally we say together.

Yes, the same parents gave us birth,
And made us valuable persons on this earth.
Their restless efforts and love equally to impart,
They play in our life, a marvelous part.

Even when I say, my brothers:
My brothers, say the others;
Say sisters they are not just yours;
Right to say, they are ours.

My children, I say often,
But my wife says, my children.
Unnecessarily why to create discussion;
Our children, we say all of a sudden.

Whom I select as mine even in line:
They say, they are not just thine.
But there is only one who is only mine,
Towards whom I will always incline.

Mine is my wife, you be sure,
Our love in our hearts endure.
Always mine and not yours,
No one can ever say ours.

Children of two parents we both,
With sincere hearts we drew forth,
And unitedly gave our loving oath,
Never to leave each other henceforth.

No comments: